What do we do?
BEATS primarily operates in Indonesia, collaborating with four organisations. We partner with GBI Church in Ambon (E Indonesia) to aid earthquake victims through home rebuilding, child sponsorship and a start-up business loan program. Additionally in Sumatra (NW Indonesia) we work alongside YSI, which conducts disaster preparedness and runs micro enterprise schemes, as well as YACAN and YASAH who operate Children's Homes.
What are our purposes?
- Relief by means of material assistance to victims.
- Education and vocational training of young people.
- General regeneration in areas of deprivation for the benefit of the general public.
We have so far concentrated our efforts on helping people in Sumatra, Indonesia which has frequent earthquakes because it lies on the north fault line of the Australian tectonic plate: victims of the tsunami of Boxing Day 2004, Nias earthquake 2005, Padang earthquake 2009, Mentawai tsunami 2010, and Ambon earthquake and tsunami 2019.
We have also helped victims of the Haiti earthquake 2010, Japan tsunami 2011, Samoa Islands tsunami 2009, Philippine earthquake 2013, Nepal earthquakes 2016, Lombok earthquake 2018, and the Sulawesi earthquake, tsunami and liquefaction in 2018.
How are we helping?
- Child/Student Sponsorship - see Sponsor a Child
- Regular giving towards staff allowances, at the children's homes or in Ambon
- Rebuilding destroyed homes - Ambon
- General Fund - donations help bigger projects and regular purchases such as food, clothes, shoes etc. Donors can specify to which project they wish their donation to be allocated. (Please note that whilst BEATS will make every effort to allocate funds as requested, we do reserve the right to allocate funds elsewhere when circumstances dictate.)
- Prayer - Download our 30 days of prayer book here
To view BEATS' Charity Policies Statement, which gives details of policies covering Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Volunteers, Reserves, Grant Making, Financial Risk Management and Complaints Procedure click here.